Part of me tried to figure out if there was a better time to post this. There isn’t. The last few months have been the hardest few months I’ve experienced in a very long time.
On December 5th, I found out I was pregnant. On January 10th, I started miscarrying. On January 17th, I had a d & c.
My heart broke. Again. This was my second pregnancy loss in 4 months. I was just starting to ‘be okay’ from the loss of my last pregnancy. I don’t have enough words to describe the deep sadness that I feel. However, I am not hopeless. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I’m okay. But I’ve decided that I’m going to find freedom in being where I am, where and when I need to.
There really isn’t anything that anyone can say to take away my pain. There are no perfect words to soothe the heart that experiences loss. But, I am so incredibly blessed to have family and friends that love and support me with tears, cards, text messages, flowers, and lots of candy…and I mean the good candy.
If you know anyone that has or is experiencing loss, *PLEASE* don’t do or say things like this:
-“It was meant to be…”
– Don’t compare experiences because grief is different for everyone.
– If you have kids, go extremely light on the kid talk.
– If you have kids, don’t make a habit of complaining about being tired, not using the bathroom alone, posting those “tags about pregnancy” on Facebook when you know you have friends or family members who have experienced the loss of a child. It hurt deeper than you know.
– Don’t get mad if we don’t hold your babies or go to your baby showers.
If you really want to try, DO these things:
– Ask how we are doing without trying to fix it.
– If you’re not sure what to do, ask.
– If you are looking for something to say, try these: I’m sorry this happened; I love you; I’m here.
– Do understand if we can’t attend you baby showers or kid parties.
The most beautiful thing that a few of my pregnant friends and friends with pregnant family members did was tell me before they made it public. They didn’t have to do this, but it meant the world to me.
One day, I will post a picture of my beautiful child that I will share with you as a testament of hope. Until then, I will continue living because that it all I can do. I will live well until the one that my heart longs for comes into my life.
10 thoughts on “Four Months, Lost Twice”
I’m sorry, I wish I could give you a hug…
We got your back Babe! Sending you so much love and support! If you think of something that would help you, give me a shout! *great big hug*
I love you sister. *hugs*
I’m so sorry for your loss, Satoya. Sending loads of love and prayers your way. *hugs*
I’m so sorry.
I hope things will be better for you.
Sorry for your loss. ❤
Sending love your way. You are brave and amazing for sharing. Hang in there and take advantage of all this support from near and far. xoxo
Sending you an abundance of prayers and hugs.
I’m so glad to have the privilege of praying for you and having that time with you and Jason at the conference. A highlight for me, for sure. You are a gift. Can’t wait to see what God does with your life. Keep in touch.
Such beautifully broken truth here…and yes sometimes there are no words. Believing with you for your miracle.