I was nominated by Candidly Carol for the Sunshine Award.
“This is an award that goes to writers who brighten other people’s day.”
The rules are:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are my answers to Candidly Carol’s 10 questions:
- Why do you blog?
I blog for a few different reasons. I love people and being in community. No person is an island and I believe that we learn so much about ourselves and about life in the context of community. I also enjoy sharing my journey, my passions, and my heart with others.
- What are 3 things that inspire you?
1. Good music.
2. The kindness of strangers.
- What is your favorite color?
I don’t have one favorite color. I have a group of colors that I love: teal, grey, pink, yellow, and white. I know…grey and white aren’t colors. Oh well.
- What are 3 traits of your favorite Television character?
My favorite TV character (for now) is Crazy Eyes on Orange is the New Black. My 3 favorite traits are that she’s uninhibited, passionate, and hilarious.
- If you had to live on one meal for the rest of your life what would you choose?
- What is your favorite time of day?
My favorite time of the day is either early morning or late night.
- How do you feel about clowns?
I could do without clowns.
- If you could go on a vacation now and money was no issue, where would you go?
I would go on a month long cruise that goes to all of the Caribbean and Europe.
- What animal do you feel reflects you the best?
Probably a lion/cheetah/leopard…something in the cat family (not a house cat though…haha).
- Do you remember your dreams?
Most of the time.
I nominate (in no particular order):
1. Peacock Under Pressure: I LOVE seeing her words and quotes of the day.
2. Miss Ayo Délé: She posts a variety of fun things and I enjoy seeing her family posts.
3. Harmony with PCOS: Always inspirational and honest.
4. So Many Lovely Things: She always posts so many lovely things.
5. Plus Addiction: I love that she always posts about positive body image for plus sized women.
6. Every Little Thing’s Gonna Be Alright: Her positive name says it all.
7. Love Thy Introvert: She has some really great posts about natural hair and the beauty of introversion.
8. Two Take On Style: This awesomely adorable mother/daughter duo shows their equally beautiful takes on personal style.
9. Night Owl Kitchen: She makes me feel like I can cook…anything.
10. My Digital Kitchen: She makes paleo and gluten free recipes that are to LIVE for.
My questions for you all are:
- Why do you blog?
- If you had one clothing item that you had to wear for a month, what would it be?
- What is a song you love that would surprise your friends?
- Are you a coffee or a tea drinker?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What are 3 things that you love about yourself?
- Do you ever dance or sing in public?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- If you had unlimited money to purchase ONE item, what would it be?