Yeah, so I’m looking kinda homely…whatevzz. I was at home. Anywho, I got my hair braided a few days ago and I wanted to take a few pictures of it then but LAWD!!!! My scalp was on FIRE!!! I took a total of 2000mg of Tylenol, wailed, sobbed, and contemplated finding my braider and giving her a few choice words. I went through what I’d call ‘The Cycle of Braid Remorse’. This occurs in 6 steps:
- Excitement for not having to style hair for about 3 months.
- Frustrated from already being in the chair for 7 hours.
- You’re grateful to be finished.
- You realize you’re in terrible pain.
- Regret suddenly takes over and self-loathing kicks in.
- The braids begin to loosen up and you become grateful again.
I won’t have a lot of time to focus on my hair right now because I’ve been so busy. I got them a bit larger than I have in the past so that I will be easier to take out when I’m good and ready. I’m glad to have the break though, now that I am no longer tempted to shave these braids off of my head. And to think, I asked my braider to do it loosely?!