If you can’t already tell by the title of this post, I have naturally kinky-curly hair. A twist out is essentially a hairstyle where you would put your hair in twists and the unravel the twists as a style. Twist outs can be very tricky. If you don’t have a few twist out basics, you could be heading for disaster. Here’s a quick list to get you started:
1. Comb out your hair to release your natural hair pattern so your hair can take on the pattern of the twist.
2. Use a styling product with hold. (The level of hold is up to your discretion).
3. Try not to unravel the twists until it is completely dry.
4. Lubricate your hands with an oil before unraveling your twists to minimize frizz.
5. Look to see where you hair naturally separates when pulling apart and fluffing.
I hope these tips were helpful!
Happy Twist Out =)